Monday, June 30, 2008

things that got my eye right now...

  • just had brunch at duo located at 32nd and zuni in east highlands. delicious and well priced at around $8 for an egg dish. next time, i'm getting the "sweet thing" with onions, mushrooms and eggs, it's to die for! and their dessert is getting rave reviews as well.
  • cornhole is sweeping the nation, well at least I'm introducing all my aquaintenances to the game. much like horseshoes, but with a beanbag and board with hole, this game is addictive since little skill is needed.
  • the denver marathon has now enter my radar with a race date of october 19th, my goal has been defined. but will it be a full or 1/2 marathon?
  • i sit waiting with baited breath for my Pétanque set to be delivered to my front door. another outdoor game that is the french version of bocce ball. Pétanque uses metal balls and can be played on any surface. you can find me in the park drinking vino verde and playing lawn games.
  • i've been waiting to check out neighborhood flix on east colflax next to the new tattered cover bookstore. they have independent movies served with food. tuesdays is a steal with $6.50 ticket prices all day (regular adult is $10). rumor has it the Sesame Ginger Sweet Potato Fries sell better than the popcorn.
  • irish snug is a pub that started a run club 18 months ago that has grown to over 2000 members according to their website. tuesdays nike has a run club with good sandwiches and fruit after the run, the irish snug run club has pasta and discounted brews. i might try it out this week...


No comments: